LIFT II is a flexible Associate Award under the FIELD-Support Leader with Associates (LWA) mechanism designed to provide technical assistance to US government agencies and their implementing partners in their efforts to improve the continuum of care for people living with HIV and other vulnerable households by increasing their access to high quality, context appropriate, market-led economic strengthening, livelihood and food security opportunities.
In all TA areas, LIFT II offers assistance in:
- Building the capacity of a portfolio of implementing partners or providing support to bilateral partners
- Providing knowledge management services through action research or distilling lessons learned
- Developing tools, curricula or other resources for implementers, communities of practice or a professional cadre (e.g., social or community health workers)
USAID Missions and other US government operating units can rapidly engage the full breadth and depth of expertise of LIFT II’s expertise to design and implement tailored programs that meet their objectives. Transfers are anticipated from individual country Missions managing PEPFAR, Global Health Initiative and Feed the Future programs. The justification for transfers to LIFT II is made on the basis of:
- The highly technical and specialized nature of the program and the lack of bilateral field staff with the required expertise to plan and manage ES/L/FS activities;
- An anticipated frequent need within countries to respond to urgent programmatic requirements that cannot be foreseen in terms of location, timing and magnitude; and
- The possible need to provide technical assistance in non-presence countries.
For more information regarding engagement with LIFT II, please contact:
Tim Quick, PhD, MS | email@example.com
LIFT II AOR, Senior Technical Advisor for HIV/AIDS & Nutrition, USAID/OHA
Clinton Sears | firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Director, LIFT II, FHI 360